Have a razor that needs to be fixed, polished and plated in a new metal? Revamp it!
WHAT WE DO
Finding a vintage razor online or at an antique store can be fun and an economical way to try out some of the classic performing models. However what do you do with the pitts, rust, worn plating and broken components that sometimes come with it? We designed our Revamp Service to address all of these issues and deliver to you a vintage razor that looks and functions like it just left the factory floor!
HOW IT WORKS
- We first clean your razor in our industrial ultrasonic machine to remove any soap scum, mineral deposits and grime. Disassembly is carried out for the best results.
- Razor is stripped of original plating using a gentle chemical bath.
- All areas of the razor are then resurfaced; removing minor scratches and minor dents that could have formed over the years.
- Next we carefully polish the inside and out of your razor, bringing the vintage metal up to a high luster.
- Mechanical adjustments are made to ensure the best functionality of your razor.
- We then plate the razor in-house using the desired material of your choice (see below) at 8 micro-inches- thicker than Gillette and nearly 3 times that of any other plating facility today for Rhodium or 24K Gold.
- On all color features (numbers on adjusters, tips on super speeds, black handles, black lines on fatboys, etc.) we use color-matched Powder Coating that exactly replicates the original factory colors and process and is more durable than paint.
- Razors are again cleaned and sanitized before being lubricated and mailed back home. We include a free POLISHING CLOTH that will safely keep the shine on your vintage find!
WHY IT MATTERS
- We fix 'em. As expert collectors, we're qualified to perform mechanical adjustments to make your razor function as it was intended to from the factory wherever possible
- We resurface the metal. Plating alone would be like painting a hail-damaged car
- Longer lasting. We plate 2-3 Times thicker than anyone else
- Razors arrive Shave Ready. We clean, polish, lubricate, paint, test and sanitize all razors before they're sent back to you
- We stand behind our work. If you ever have an issue with your revamped razor, send it to us and we'll make things right
With thousands of razors successfully revamped, we have a fairly good idea of what is achievable from this process. The best results come from razors made of brass or stainless steel. This includes nearly every razor from Gillette and many other vintage brands. We prefer not to work on zinc alloy razors on a case by case basis. The following razors we can work on, will powdercoat handle, can plate doors, center rod / T-Bar, knob etc but not guard:
- Black Handled Super Speeds
- Blue Tip/ Light Super Speeds
- 1960's Lady Gillette's
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SENDING IN YOUR RAZOR
- "Add to Cart" this service, check-out and make payment.
- You will purchase Shipping during checkout, this is how we will return your razor after completion.
- You will receive an Order Confirmation E-mail within an hour of purchase. Follow the e-mails instructions and print your Ticket with barcode. Include this form when shipping your razor.
- Send in your razor however you choose - USPS Small Flat Rate box is our recommendation. The postage you have purchased already is for return shipping.
- We'll let you know when we receive your razor and keep you updated during the process.
- Our turn-around time is 3-4 weeks once we receive your razor.
Keep in mind...
Most surface scratches, dings and dents can be either minimized or removed all together through our surface restoration, however deep pitting or other serious metal imperfections can't be removed! These areas will leave texture underneath the plating, and still be visible.We take into consideration the integrity of the metal before aesthetics and sometimes corrosion, pitting or dents are just too deep to safely be removed on parts of the razor. Know that we will do our best to make your razor sparkle and shine, but are limited by what we receive from you.
If your razor does not meet the Premium Finish Revamp standards due to serious corrosion or pitting, you will be contacted before work begins, order changed to Factory Finish, and refunded the difference. If you would prefer a full refund we can issue one minus the cost of return shipping.
We promise to deliver to you a "Shave Ready" razor that has been polished, adjusted, plated, painted, sanitized and lubricated. We guarantee our work for 6 months from the date we ship it back to you, giving you the confidence to enjoy using a quality vintage razor! Please CONTACT US with any other questions!
As I've come to expect from Razor Emporium, the work they did on my revamp order is extraordinary. The Slim Adjustable I sent in came back with a perfect mirror finish (in rhodium), with every surface glinting, and now it shaves like a dream. I can't recommend this service enough to anyone who has "that special razor" that just deserves a little slice of immortality. Bravi tutti, from a very satisfied and loyal customer!
I had my fatboy purchased on ebay. The seller was kind to send the razor to RE on my demand. Good communication with Matt. The service leadtime was rather quick and the postage arrived in due time. The dial ring was a bit stiff at first but I was told it is normal. I used mineral oil, and shaved with it a few times now already. It seems the dial ring is getting smoother now. I believe it will get better and better.
Recommended service. They deliver !
The head on my Valet Autostrop has a bright shiny plating.
The handle is a dull grey. Razor Emporium replated the handle with Rhodium. The razor now looks brand new. Spectaculer work, very pleased. Thank you !!!!
My Gem razor came back from revamping in Rhodium and it looks brand new. Very nice job.
What is spectacular about the service is that
Mat actually called me on the phone to report that the tab that opens and closes the top of the razor had broken off. I was amazed when he told me he could replace it, and for no extra charge. That's what I call Excellent Service!!
Thanks to Mat and staff. Excellent work!!!
I purchased a Gilette NEW Long OC that had a 'Revamp' done on it, as well as a Nickel Re-Surface. I returned the razor without using it.
I then called Matt and he said he would find a NEW head (only) and revamp it, then apply a rhodium finish. The result was MUCH better than the one I purchased on ebay. Great price also!
Sent in a slim razor to be tuned up, the speed in which the service was completed and sent back was fast! and updates were sent regularly. I think I got a back a brand new slim, this thing shines!
I sent in a working (but not pretty) Fatboy and got back a Fatboy that now looks better than in functions (and it functions perfectly).
If I didn't know any better, I would think they replaced my old one with a new one. I originally sent my slim in and ordered the factory nickel revamp. I quickly decided that the rhodium finish would be a better choice. I called them up, they were really friendly, professional and accommodating. Once I got it back I was speechless. Every time I use it I am very pleased that I chose Razor Emporium for this service. I have another one that will be making the same trip when I'm ready.
Have had my revamped razor back for over a month now and it looks wonder. I’m afraid to use it because it looks so pristine! The replating looks exceptional and it came back quicker than initially promised. I’ll be sending a couple of Fat Boys over shortly! Highly recommend their service!