Available is a Classics on Clearance Straight Razor. This is an opportunity to purchase a vetted vintage razor but customize the restoration for your preferences! If you prefer to keep the original scales or upgrade to new acrylic, wood, or horn - you can even select the shape! Looking to purchase a razor to restore at home? No problem, select None on the restoration and Add to Cart!
George Wostenholm & Sons is a great name in the straight razor world. Backed up with the Sheffield reputation as well! Handles are original and in great shape. Love the barber's notch. Add and Hone & Polish for this razor to be Shave Ready!
Origin: Sheffield, England
Grind: Hollow Ground
Metal: Carbon Steel
Date: Pre 1890's
Imperfections: Age is visible, oxidization present
HOW IT WORKS
- Our experienced staff, safely maintain the integrity of your steel while buffing and polishing your razor and scales to look their best. This process removes pitting, rust, patina and damage, leaving the metal clean and hygienic.
- If you would like to preserve the original handles (scales) we will polish them to look their best. If you prefer new scales just select your options above and get a preview of what your straight razor will look like.
- If you are looking to shave with this razor we will now move on to the sharpening process wherein our in-house Hone-Meister takes them through an individualized stone progression. With an easel of over 12 stones to choose from; natural to synthetic, coticule to Chosera, exotic Japanese stones like Naniwa to tried and true performers like Norton, we have everything needed to give you the keenest edge you’ve ever experienced.
- Your razor is then stropped and oiled, making it Shave Ready when it arrives to you. No need to even strop just unbox and enjoy!
We offer two different polishing options so your razor can return home exactly how you intend!
Polish: light metal removal using polishing wheels only. Removes active rust, minor imperfections in blade like honing scratches, restores shine.
- "Add to Cart" this Razor and Select Restoration Options, check-out and make payment.
- We will reach out if we have any questions.
- Our turn-around time is 7-10 days once we receive your order.
BEFORE & AFTER
Straight Razor Restoration & Honing Service