Have a razor that needs to be fixed, polished and plated in a new metal? Revamp it!
WHAT WE DO
Finding a vintage razor online or at an antique store can be fun and an economical way to try out some of the classic performing models. However what do you do with the pitts, rust, worn plating and broken components that sometimes come with it? We designed our Revamp Service to address all of these issues and deliver to you a vintage razor that looks and functions like it just left the factory floor!
HOW IT WORKS
- We first clean your razor in our industrial ultrasonic machine to remove any soap scum, mineral deposits and grime. Disassembly is carried out for the best results.
- Razor is stripped of original plating using a gentle chemical bath.
- All areas of the razor are then resurfaced; removing minor scratches and minor dents that could have formed over the years.
- Next we carefully polish the inside and out of your razor, bringing the vintage metal up to a high luster.
- Mechanical adjustments are made to ensure the best functionality of your razor.
- We then plate the razor in-house using the desired material of your choice (see below) at 8 micro-inches- thicker than Gillette and nearly 3 times that of any other plating facility today for Rhodium or 24K Gold.
- On all color features (numbers on adjusters, tips on super speeds, black handles, black lines on fatboys, etc.) we use color-matched Powder Coating that exactly replicates the original factory colors and process and is more durable than paint.
- Razors are again cleaned and sanitized before being lubricated and mailed back home. We include a free POLISHING CLOTH that will safely keep the shine on your vintage find!
WHY IT MATTERS
- We fix 'em. As expert collectors, we're qualified to perform mechanical adjustments to make your razor function as it was intended to from the factory wherever possible
- We resurface the metal. Plating alone would be like painting a hail-damaged car
- Longer lasting. We plate 2-3 Times thicker than anyone else
- Razors arrive Shave Ready. We clean, polish, lubricate, paint, test and sanitize all razors before they're sent back to you
- We stand behind our work. If you ever have an issue with your revamped razor, send it to us and we'll make things right
With thousands of razors successfully revamped, we have a fairly good idea of what is achievable from this process. The best results come from razors made of brass or stainless steel. This includes nearly every razor from Gillette and many other vintage brands. We prefer not to work on zinc alloy razors on a case by case basis. The following razors we can work on, will powdercoat handle, can plate doors, center rod / T-Bar, knob etc but not guard:
- Black Handled Super Speeds
- Blue Tip/ Light Super Speeds
- 1960's Lady Gillette's
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SENDING IN YOUR RAZOR
- "Add to Cart" this service, check-out and make payment.
- You will purchase Shipping during checkout, this is how we will return your razor after completion.
- You will receive an Order Confirmation E-mail within an hour of purchase. Follow the e-mails instructions and print your Ticket with barcode. Include this form when shipping your razor.
- Send in your razor however you choose - USPS Small Flat Rate box is our recommendation. The postage you have purchased already is for return shipping.
- We'll let you know when we receive your razor and keep you updated during the process.
- Our turn-around time is 7-10 days once we receive your razor.
Keep in mind...
Most surface scratches, dings and dents can be either minimized or removed all together through our surface restoration, however deep pitting or other serious metal imperfections can't be removed! These areas will leave texture underneath the plating, and still be visible.We take into consideration the integrity of the metal before aesthetics and sometimes corrosion, pitting or dents are just too deep to safely be removed on parts of the razor. Know that we will do our best to make your razor sparkle and shine, but are limited by what we receive from you.
If your razor does not meet the Premium Finish Revamp standards due to serious corrosion or pitting, you will be contacted before work begins, order changed to Factory Finish, and refunded the difference. If you would prefer a full refund we can issue one minus the cost of return shipping.
We promise to deliver to you a "Shave Ready" razor that has been polished, adjusted, plated, painted, sanitized and lubricated. We guarantee our work for 6 months from the date we ship it back to you, giving you the confidence to enjoy using a quality vintage razor! Please CONTACT US with any other questions!
Most recommended, as always !
Well made to aggressive for me.
Sent in my 1930's Rotbart to be Rhodium plated. I was kept up to date during the entire process. All I can say is WOW! When I received it back, it was absolutely stunning! The finish was amazing and the teeth were perfect and the Razor worked better than it ever has. I cannot be happier with the quality of work and I am definitely going to be sending in some other razors!
Paid razor Emporium upfront to revamp and replate My 1959 Gillette Fatboy razor! The razor was at their facility for a month. Oh they did an excellent job on the Replating But the spring mechanism for a dialing in numerically what type of suspension and shave you want was worse than when I sent it to them initially! When I got it back turning the spring numerical Dial indicator had the complete opposite of what I sent them to fix! I believe a new for spring or even a used one from a parts Fat Boy Would have Corrected my old razor problem, to lose a setting and no click! No such luck, The spring mechanism is so tight it’s difficult to turn! Tight, Tight, Tight and no click thought their quality control would be better! If they can’t fix things like this then they should let you know and the adjust the revamp price accordingly! “Or just send it back stating so .“ If you asked me if I had to do it over again, no I would not and save the $130
I recently got my 1962 Gillette Slim Adjustable re-vamped in Rhodium. My razor was loosing the nickle plating from wear and tear. So decided on getting it re-plated in a harder pressious metal. Well Razor Emporium exceeded all my expectations. They are the best at what they do. Matt is a phenomenal guy and I enjoy talking to him whenever I can. The process was quick, even when I sent it in during the Big Shave S'West event. They kept me informed and did an absolutely wonderful job! I love my NEW razor!!
I just got my razor back from getting revamped and all I can say is WOW. Super nice job. This was my Dad's razor and he gave it to me when I started shaving as a teen. It has been in continuous use for 50 years and now is ready for another 50. Thank you for the great job done.
I sent in two razors; SuperSpeed in pieces and an adjustable with bent guards and got back two complete perfectly revamped razors that work like new. Great communication as well. Keep up the good work; really nice to work with a company that does exactly what they say they will.
They did an outstanding Job on my Razor!
Beautiful work I could not be happier.
I thank Matt and all staff .
For there pride in what they all do.