Have a straight razor that needs polishing, sharpening, or maybe new handles made?
WHAT WE DO
Our Straight Razor Restoration Service is the perfect solution for daily shavers and heirloom razors alike. Whether you want a shave-ready straight razor or museum quality keepsafe, we are committed to preserving history and helping you get the most from your wet shave experience.
HOW IT WORKS
- Each razor is assessed for its specific needs. To safely remove afflicted metal during polishing, our team uses specialized compounds and rouges. Our experienced staff, safely maintain the integrity of your steel while buffing and polishing your razor and scales to look their best. This process removes pitting, rust, patina and damage, leaving the metal clean and hygenic.
- We work to restore and preserve the original handles (scales) and will polish them to look their best. However, scales that have been contributing to rusting the blade are now removed and replaced with handcrafted custom scales designed by you if need be. Our website makes ordering custom scales easy by standardizing shapes, materials, and cost. Just select your options above and get a preview of what your straight razor will look like.
- For that close shave, razors now move on to the sharpening process wherein our in-house Hone-Meister Eric takes them through an individualized stone progression. With an easel of over 12 stones to choose from; natural to synthetic, coticule to Chosera, exotic Japanese stones like Naniwa to tried and true performers like Norton, we have everything needed to give you the keenest edge you’ve ever experienced.
WHY IT MATTERS
Our Straight Razor Restoration Service was created with two purposes in mind: the everyday shaver that wants clean steel, beautiful custom scales, and the sharpest shaving edge; as well as the family heirloom straight razor, ready to be passed down to future generations, perfectly preserved in museum quality condition.
We offer two different polishing options so your razor can return home exactly how you intend!
Polish: light metal removal using polishing wheels only. Removes active rust, minor imperfections in blade like honing scratches, restores shine.
- "Add to Cart" this service, check-out and make payment.
- Download and fill out the Revamp Service form that will be included in your emailed invoice.
- Send in your razor however you choose - USPS Small Flat Rate box is our recommendation.
- We'll let you know when we receive your razor and keep you updated during the process.
- Our turn-around time is 7-10 days once we receive your razor.
We promise to deliver to you a "Shave Ready" razor that has been polished, sharpened, sanitized and oiled. We guarantee our work for 3 months from the date we ship it back to you, giving you the confidence to enjoy using a quality vintage razor! Please CONTACT US with any other questions!
BEFORE & AFTER
I had my grandfather's razor, and my brother's in my possession for some time. I opened a new Barbershop with a friend. Wanting a little nostalgia I had my grandfather's razor equipped with a new handle, and both honed and polished. Quality work I recommend them for all your straight razor needs.
I had a straight razor that my Grandpa left me after he passed. I took it to the shop since I was in town and met Matt while he was working. He was extremely nice and knowledgeable about its age and the work it would need. It was a bit expensive but he let me know upfront it would be. We went over every option for the scales. He told me it would be at least a week (Monday afternoon) It arrived in my PO Box in California on Friday afternoon. I am ecstatic with the results! I even had to look at a before picture to make sure it was the same razor (it was). I would recommend the service to anyone. Not to mention I will buy some grooming products in the future...There is a wall of them in the shop.
I highly recommend Razor Emporium for their honing service! My straight razor performs excellently after their service!
I paid $80 for sharpen and polish.
The polish work I could've done at home with a soft toothbrush. Sharpening was fine. Not worth $80. I should've been refunded half my money back. Going to look for a more honest company for future services
They honed and restored couple of my straight razors.
Eric was very polite and professional . He explained to me my best choices , and they did a wonderful job.
My straight razors came back with a nice edge and a very professional make up !
Thank you , Dorel R
Fast turnaround and and fine honing job put the life back into the JA Henckels 80 razor. It appears that the blade got a polishing as well with the honing service - excellent service.
I sent in my Grandfather's razor to be restored and it came back in beautiful shape. Very sharp! I also asked if they knew anything about the brand, and they went out of their way to research it for me! The razor was made by a local outfit from Toledo in the late 18th century, over 100 years old! I got a treasured possession back in great shape and priceless information about it. This will become a treasured family heirloom and I'll definitely use Razor Emporium for all my servicing needs in the future!
Sent in my grandfathers Antoni Tadross and Wade & Butcher Elite. I had them honed locally and they were atrocious. Sent them to Matt and Eric to polish and hone. One of them was so loose that the edge kept hitting the scales. Got them back sharp as all get out, adjusted, and polished to a mirror finish (I didn't even know the Tadross had etchings on the blade).
As usual, RE did a great job and will continue to get my business!
Finally found one that Matt thought worthy of restoration. Circa 1900 11/16's Extra Hollow Ground. Eric fixed it up as usual.
I'm really trying to not find/buy more stuff. But if I fail, Matt's gonna get it before I use it.