Have a razor that needs to be fixed, polished and plated in a new metal? Revamp it!
WHAT WE DO
Finding a vintage razor online or at an antique store can be fun and an economical way to try out some of the classic performing models. However what do you do with the pitts, rust, worn plating and broken components that sometimes come with it? We designed our Revamp Service to address all of these issues and deliver to you a vintage razor that looks and functions like it just left the factory floor!
HOW IT WORKS
- We first clean your razor in our industrial ultrasonic machine to remove any soap scum, mineral deposits and grime. Disassembly is carried out for the best results.
- Razor is stripped of original plating using a gentle chemical bath.
- All areas of the razor are then resurfaced; removing minor scratches and minor dents that could have formed over the years.
- Next we carefully polish the inside and out of your razor, bringing the vintage metal up to a high luster.
- Mechanical adjustments are made to ensure the best functionality of your razor.
- We then plate the razor in-house using the desired material of your choice (see below) at 8 micro-inches- thicker than Gillette and nearly 3 times that of any other plating facility today for Rhodium or 24K Gold.
- On all color features (numbers on adjusters, tips on super speeds, black handles, black lines on fatboys, etc.) we use color-matched Powder Coating that exactly replicates the original factory colors and process and is more durable than paint.
- Razors are again cleaned and sanitized before being lubricated and mailed back home. We include a free POLISHING CLOTH that will safely keep the shine on your vintage find!
WHY IT MATTERS
- We fix 'em. As expert collectors, we're qualified to perform mechanical adjustments to make your razor function as it was intended to from the factory wherever possible
- We resurface the metal. Plating alone would be like painting a hail-damaged car
- Longer lasting. We plate 2-3 Times thicker than anyone else
- Razors arrive Shave Ready. We clean, polish, lubricate, paint, test and sanitize all razors before they're sent back to you
- We stand behind our work. If you ever have an issue with your revamped razor, send it to us and we'll make things right
With thousands of razors successfully revamped, we have a fairly good idea of what is achievable from this process. The best results come from razors made of brass or stainless steel. This includes nearly every razor from Gillette and many other vintage brands. We prefer not to work on zinc alloy razors on a case by case basis. The following razors we can work on, will powdercoat handle, can plate doors, center rod / T-Bar, knob etc but not guard:
- Black Handled Super Speeds
- Blue Tip/ Light Super Speeds
- 1960's Lady Gillette's
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SENDING IN YOUR RAZOR
- "Add to Cart" this service, check-out and make payment.
- You will purchase Shipping during checkout, this is how we will return your razor after completion.
- You will receive an Order Confirmation E-mail within an hour of purchase. Follow the e-mails instructions and print your Ticket with barcode. Include this form when shipping your razor.
- Send in your razor however you choose - USPS Small Flat Rate box is our recommendation. The postage you have purchased already is for return shipping.
- We'll let you know when we receive your razor and keep you updated during the process.
- Due to Covid-19, our turn-around time is 6-8 Weeks on average once we receive your razor.
Keep in mind...
Most surface scratches, dings and dents can be either minimized or removed all together through our surface restoration, however deep pitting or other serious metal imperfections can't be removed! These areas will leave texture underneath the plating, and still be visible.We take into consideration the integrity of the metal before aesthetics and sometimes corrosion, pitting or dents are just too deep to safely be removed on parts of the razor. Know that we will do our best to make your razor sparkle and shine, but are limited by what we receive from you.
If your razor does not meet the Premium Finish Revamp standards due to serious corrosion or pitting, you will be contacted before work begins, order changed to Factory Finish, and refunded the difference. If you would prefer a full refund we can issue one minus the cost of return shipping.
We promise to deliver to you a "Shave Ready" razor that has been polished, adjusted, plated, painted, sanitized and lubricated. We guarantee our work for 6 months from the date we ship it back to you, giving you the confidence to enjoy using a quality vintage razor! Please CONTACT US with any other questions!
I cannot express my satisfaction with the quality workmanship and craftsmanship in the restoration of my Gillette Red tip.
You can see the care and time that was invested in my razor. It look and shaves like it was just removed from a time capsule.
I will be sending several more of my vintage razors to them in the very near future.
Overall I am pleased with the way my adjustable razors turned out. The rhodium is beautiful. It shines like nothing else I’ve ever seen. The doors and tto open and close smoothly. The numbers and adjustment indicator have been beautifully restored and easy to read. The only concern I have is the adjustment dial doesn’t seem to turn as smoothly as I remember. It seems to take a little extra effort to twist it through each adjustment number. This might be a result of the revamp and will improve over time or maybe it’s just my memory failing me. None the less I am pleased with the results and would recommend this service to anyone looking to revamp the razor. Customer service and communication on status updates were also great.
According to tracking service the item, a Toggle, was lost. In this situation, Razor Emporium was not very helpful. Indeed they were very un-service-minded. So before sending your precious to RE be sure that, in case of a lost return shipment, you don’t mind communicating with a black hole. However. Happy ending; the parcel arrived after 109 days, with 2,5 months of service warranty left! Alas, no cloth included (as the warranty card says). The revamp? Not bad, even good, but overshadowed by bad service and bad communication!
The difference between what I sent in and what I received back was awesome! Looks great and shaves like a dream. Top notch service.
Although the workmanship is a 10 it took 3 months for my 2 razors to return to me after revamping service. Very dissatisfied
This razor shaves great! and it looks brand new. After several shaves with it and others in my small collection it is one of my best shavers. My 3rd Razor Emporium revamped razor and I am sure there will be more.
I got my dream razor over Christmas -- a Slim Adjustable (K3). Not only is it my birth year, it's also the quarter! After I received the razor I sent it to Razor Emporium for the REVAMP Service. I chose the Nickel option as I wanted the razor to look and perform like it was brand new. When my razor arrived, I tore into the packaging like it was Christmas all over again; I was ecstatic! There I was, holding the K3 and it looked like it had just come from the factory. Of course, I couldn't hardly contain myself to shave with it, but I did. For the next week I shaved with it every day but something was a little off. The "locking" mechanic -- that last quarter turn to secure the blade -- was hard to turn; it felt like the razor was in a bind. A couple of days later, I was about to use it again when I noticed that I couldn't turn the adjustment dial past 5 and, when I looked at the razor, it appeared that the head was askew. I reached out the Razor Emporium through their messaging service and got and immediate response with a return label (Razor Emporium guarantees their work for 6 months). About a week later I sent my razor back to Razor Emporium. After some miscommunication and misunderstanding (these things happen), I got my razor back and it works like new -- the adjustment dial goes up to 9 and the "locking" mechanic works flawlessly. This is the second razor I've sent into Razor Emporium and highly recommend their services.
With Covid it took a long time. The mail was slow getting it to Razor Emporium. Took a little long at Razor Emporium, Then the mail was slow getting it back to me. Razor Emporium had it over Christmas and New Years so that slowed it down some. It took 10 and a half weeks from the time I mailed it from Tn. until I got it back. Was it worth it? Yes sir, it's beautiful, better than new. Don't hesitate to send an old razor to Matt, you will be very pleased.
I was extremely happy with the end result. The communication about the status of my razor was excellent and it only took a fraction of the advertised time for my razor to get revamped. Thanks!