Have a razor that needs to be fixed, polished and plated in a new metal? Revamp it!
WHAT WE DO
Finding a vintage razor online or at an antique store can be fun and an economical way to try out some of the classic performing models. However what do you do with the pitts, rust, worn plating and broken components that sometimes come with it? We designed our Revamp Service to address all of these issues and deliver to you a vintage razor that looks and functions like it just left the factory floor!
HOW IT WORKS
- We first clean your razor in our industrial ultrasonic machine to remove any soap scum, mineral deposits and grime. Disassembly is carried out for the best results.
- Razor is stripped of original plating using a gentle chemical bath.
- All areas of the razor are then resurfaced; removing minor scratches and minor dents that could have formed over the years.
- Next we carefully polish the inside and out of your razor, bringing the vintage metal up to a high luster.
- Mechanical adjustments are made to ensure the best functionality of your razor.
- We then plate the razor in-house using the desired material of your choice (see below) at 8 micro-inches- thicker than Gillette and nearly 3 times that of any other plating facility today for Rhodium or 24K Gold.
- On all color features (numbers on adjusters, tips on super speeds, black handles, black lines on fatboys, etc.) we use color-matched Powder Coating that exactly replicates the original factory colors and process and is more durable than paint.
- Razors are again cleaned and sanitized before being lubricated and mailed back home. We include a free POLISHING CLOTH that will safely keep the shine on your vintage find!
WHY IT MATTERS
- We fix 'em. As expert collectors, we're qualified to perform mechanical adjustments to make your razor function as it was intended to from the factory wherever possible
- We resurface the metal. Plating alone would be like painting a hail-damaged car
- Longer lasting. We plate 2-3 Times thicker than anyone else
- Razors arrive Shave Ready. We clean, polish, lubricate, paint, test and sanitize all razors before they're sent back to you
- We stand behind our work. If you ever have an issue with your revamped razor, send it to us and we'll make things right
With thousands of razors successfully revamped, we have a fairly good idea of what is achievable from this process. The best results come from razors made of brass or stainless steel. This includes nearly every razor from Gillette and many other vintage brands. We prefer not to work on zinc alloy razors on a case by case basis. The following razors we can work on, will powdercoat handle, can plate doors, center rod / T-Bar, knob etc but not guard:
- Black Handled Super Speeds
- Blue Tip/ Light Super Speeds
- 1960's Lady Gillette's
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SENDING IN YOUR RAZOR
- "Add to Cart" this service, check-out and make payment.
- You will purchase Shipping during checkout, this is how we will return your razor after completion.
- You will receive an Order Confirmation E-mail within an hour of purchase. Follow the e-mails instructions and print your Ticket with barcode. Include this form when shipping your razor.
- Send in your razor however you choose - USPS Small Flat Rate box is our recommendation. The postage you have purchased already is for return shipping.
- We'll let you know when we receive your razor and keep you updated during the process.
- Our turn-around time is 7-10 days on average once we receive your razor.
Keep in mind...
Most surface scratches, dings and dents can be either minimized or removed all together through our surface restoration, however deep pitting or other serious metal imperfections can't be removed! These areas will leave texture underneath the plating, and still be visible.We take into consideration the integrity of the metal before aesthetics and sometimes corrosion, pitting or dents are just too deep to safely be removed on parts of the razor. Know that we will do our best to make your razor sparkle and shine, but are limited by what we receive from you.
If your razor does not meet the Premium Finish Revamp standards due to serious corrosion or pitting, you will be contacted before work begins, order changed to Factory Finish, and refunded the difference. If you would prefer a full refund we can issue one minus the cost of return shipping.
We promise to deliver to you a "Shave Ready" razor that has been polished, adjusted, plated, painted, sanitized and lubricated. We guarantee our work for 6 months from the date we ship it back to you, giving you the confidence to enjoy using a quality vintage razor! Please CONTACT US with any other questions!
after shaving for 2 days with razor I no longer get 1/4 turn to lock blade. after not using it for a week it closes for a couple shaves and then no 1/4 turn lock. I called and left a message. never got a call back.
Fantastic service great business to deal with I highly recommend this business
This razor came back home looking fantastic with its new 24ct gold covering. I don't believe it ever looked so good, even new but it is about 70 years old!
A Custom Order. Services: Tune Up (razor), Revamp (Stropping Machine), Honing (7 blades), Strop Restore, Box restore.
Couldn’t be more pleased. It came back Shave Ready and it does just that - no nicks, cuts or blood loss. Heh!
Thanks Matt and Team, you’ve done it again!
(Posted to multiple services because I used them all with this one.)
My razor is a Gillette Fatboy with a date code of G2. I thought it shaved pretty well before the revamp but shave great, now. It was replated in Rhodium and now it’s like shaving with piece of jewelry. Simply put, it’s beautiful. I believe it’s better than new but, as I was only nine years old back then, I can’t be sure. I know it wasn’t plated in Rhodium, though. All credit to Razor Emporium. They were fantastic every step of the way and they do beautiful work. Thanks!
First time using the revamp service! Extremely happy. I had two razors nickel plated. They did an excellent job! Excellent communication of status throughout process! Had both razors back to me in about two weeks! Will use Razor Emporium again in the future! Thank you!
The condition of the razor that I sent into Razor Emporium was in definite need of a revamp. This is my second razor that sent in. The first came back looking brand new with a nickel finish. I was not disappointed with the Red Tip. It looks fantastic. Thank you, RE! Great job.
I have been a wet shaver for a few years. I did not have any vintage razors, so I started buying a few on eBay. I purchased a Gillette Slim it was not in bad shape but definitely needed some TLC. I cannot believe how good this razor looks. It looks freaking brand new! One razor finished three more to go. Thank you Razor Emporium.
Set in a pretty well used Gillette 109 Adjustable and got it back looking like I just picked it up in the store. Well done!